Billing & Insurance
Understanding healthcare billing and insurance can be difficult and confusion. Firelands Physician Group is here to help you understand your medical bill as well as inform you of which insurances we accept.
For your convenience, our central billing office is staffed Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.. You can call the office at 419-557-5530.
Pay Your Bill Online
Firelands Physician Group now offers online bill payment for patients. Access the portal to view and pay your bill online here.
Frequently Asked Billing Questions
Why did I get a bill from an outside laboratory?
You will receive a separate from the laboratory for their analysis of your lab work.
- I have insurance. Why did I get a bill? Not all of the services we provide are covered by all insurance carriers. We make every effort to inform you if we believe a service may not be covered. However, it is your responsibility to know the coverage limitations of your insurance policy. Since we contract with several companies, it is impossible for us to know the requirements of each individual policy.
Your insurance policy is an agreement between you and your insurance company. You are responsible for your account. You are also responsible to know your policy’s benefits and requirements. Firelands Physician Group does not determine the amount of coverage you will receive -- that is determined by your insurance carrier. Any questions you may have concerning your benefits should be directed to your insurance company’s member services representative. Please be sure to notify your doctor’s office or the central billing office if you have any changes in coverage or carrier.
- Why didn’t my insurance pay for this charge? Please call your insurance member services representative. The member or customer service phone number and address are listed on the back of your insurance card. The member services representative will be able to assist you. Firelands Physician Group does not determine what items and services are covered. Covered items and services are determined by your insurance carrier.
- Why did I get a bill from Firelands Physician Group? I was in the hospital, and they have already billed me. The bill that you received from the hospital does not include the services of your Firelands Physician Group physician. The billing you received from Firelands Physician Group is for the professional services rendered by your Firelands Physician Group physician.
- What is your policy for posting patient payments? Patient payments are posted to the oldest patient account balance.
- Why was my co-pay posted to another date of service? If you have an outstanding patient balance from a previous visit and then see a Firelands Physician Group physician before paying off that balance, any payment that you make will be posted to the oldest outstanding patient balance. It is the policy of Firelands Physician Group to post patient payments to the oldest outstanding patient balance.
Firelands Physician Group Accepts:*
- Buckeye Community Health Plan (Medicaid)
- Devoted Health
- Tricare Health net
- United Health Care – Commercial
- Coalition of America
- First Health
- Front Path
- Health Smart
- Humana Medicare
- Medical Mutual
- SummaCare Medicare
- Three Rivers
*Insurance plan coverage varies by office.
Not every Firelands Physician Group office accepts every insurance provider mentioned above. Check with your office when scheduling an appointment. By opting for a doctor who you know in advance accepts your health insurance plan, you are proactively setting yourself up for a less stressful, more informed healthcare experience.
If you have questions about whether a Firelands Physician Group office or doctor accepts a particular plan, please contact the office directly.