- School of Medicine – Ain Shams University – Cairo, Egypt
- Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic – Cleveland, Ohio
- Pain Medicine, University Hospitals Case Medical Center - Regional Anesthesia, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic -Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, Anesthesiology Institute, Cleveland Clinic
I went to Medical School at Ain Shams University in Cairo, Egypt and also received my Master’s Degree and Ph.D. there. I completed my residency in Anesthesiology at the Cleveland Clinic and another residency in pain management at University Hospitals in Cleveland.
I chose to practice pain management because I love seeing how the quality of life for patients is drastically improved through treatment. Given a patient’s diagnosis, it is my job to explore all the treatment options available. Sometimes I help manage their pain with lifestyle changes or physical therapy; sometimes it is with surgery or medicine. It truly makes my day when people come in and tell me that because of a therapy I prescribed, they can do things they never thought they could do.
I was impressed by the pleasantness of everyone at Firelands and the community as a whole. The people in this area are kind and laid-back. I liked that the environment was less stressful than that of a big city. Of course, my family likes the lake. I believe being in a community setting (instead of a large research-based hospital) means that I can form close relationships with my patients.
My approach to pain management matches well with the overall goals of the staff and administration at Firelands. I appreciate the support I have from my nursing staff and from the administration at Firelands because they understand the need for pain management in our community. I truly care about long-term outcomes. I am able to achieve this through working with the other members of the Spine Center team, like the surgeons, physical therapists and acupuncturist, and ultimately deciding what is best for the patient.
Teaching or Professional Positions
Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology, Ohio Heritage University
Honors, Awards, etc.
Dr. Zaky has had research published in the following publications:
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Ohio Society of Anesthesiologists